Please don't forget to read Usage part of each element.
Inconsistencies in grammar and style interrupt concentration. Help users focus on your product by following these guidelines and applying them consistently.
How do we address our customers?
Our Tone Of Voice is based on our brand personality, but two personality traits are more important in our “think possible” positioning. We certainly want to be enthusiastic and human. We also want to be trustworthy and innovative, but the latter play a supporting role.
- We talk with you, not to you (dialogue/questions).
- We use a language that is easy to understand.
- We are authentic, we don’t use commercial BS.
- We talk from a customer point of view, we don’t boast of how fantastic our products are.
- We try to catch the reader’s attention.
- We write in a positive, easygoing way.
- We use smart and straightforward humor and “play with words” without exaggerating.
- We use an emoticon/gif from time to time.
- We are transparent and avoid small print.
- We prove that the customer can count on us.
- What we say is correct and reliable.
- We convince our customers that our technologies and solutions make their lives and jobs easier and more convenient, by showing what’s in it for them.
Use sentence-case capitalization for all UI text elements. This style is predominantly lowercase. Capitalize only the initial letter of the first word in the text and other words that require capitalization, such as proper nouns. For example, labels in a form would be written as “First name” and “Email address.”
Sentence-style capitalization makes it easy for readers to distinguish between common nouns and proper nouns, and is generally considered the quickest form to read.
Unless the name is a product or service name, or is trademarked, always use sentence-style capitalization.
All Proximus's products names
First and second person
|SMS||sms, sms’en||SMS, SMSes|
|MMS||mms, mms’en||MMS, MMSes|
|carte SIM||simkaart||SIM card|
|carte nano-SIM||nano-simkaart||Nano SIM card|
|carte micro-SIM||micro-simkaart||Micro SIM card|
|carte Pay&Go||Pay&Go-kaart||Pay&Go card|
|code PIN||pincode||PIN code|
|code PUK||pukcode||PUK code|
|5,5 pouces||5,5 inch||5.5 inch|
0800 33 800
The abbreviations are the same in the 3 languages
- 20 KB
- 20 MB
- 20 GB
- 20 Kbps
- 20 Mbps
- 20 MHz
Promo in patches
|Promo web||Webpromo||Web promo|
|Installation gratuite||Gratis installatie||Free installation|
|1 mois d'essai gratuit||Test 1 maand gratis||1 month for trial|
- All Sports
- Be tv
- Movies & Series
|In the descriptive texts and in communications||Option TV||Tv-optie||TV option||TV-Option|
- Except when the meaning of the sentence requires the use of the word Kanaal for a good understanding.
- Some sentences may need to be rewritten. Example: "Standaard vind je deze zender op kanaal 13" becomes : "VTM vind je op zender 13.
No longer use the words: TV Bonus. Replace "Bonus" with an explanatory sentence.